The Regulation Bootcamp (click here for its daily schedule) solves the main problem with conference classes. Until you have done something, thought it through, and made its choices, pressures of your workweek will likely turn you back to old ways when faced with an obstruction or unexpected results. Plus, conference classes offer 1.5 hours of training each, the Bootcamp 40-56 hours!
The Regulation Bootcamp includes:
- A pre-Bootcamp immersion in the Grandwork System by video, protocol, and other documentation to become familiar with vocabulary and concepts before Bootcamp.
- 5 days of training in the Grandwork shop - 2 pianos, 4 techs.
- 2 optional days extra doing string-to-hammer fit, dampers, pedals, and a refinement pass of everything.
Pairing techs helps get work done, and there is a lot to do. But also, pairing engages two brains, raises two sets of questions, and compares two styles of working. 2 pairs at 2 pianos broadens that considerably, with 2 possible approaches to bedding and other technical details. Plus, 2 versions of Regulation Station may be employed, one on a Custom Keybed, the other a maple benchtop.
You may pay all in one slightly discounted payment of $1,900 or split it into 2 payments:
- Bootcamp Reservation - $1,000 (to secure a spot)
- Bootcamp Final Payment.- $1,000 (due 1 month before Bootcamp), plus 1 or 2 optional days at $400 each
Here's an opportunity to try out the bench regulating system whose work fits back in the piano, each time!
the regulating rack
Letoff racks provide letoff for a section. Regulating Racks provide the entire strike profile and change its height as needed for the whole action.
Applying The System
The Setup and Order of Operations guides you step by step and the Laminated Protocols let you tick off steps as you go, so you don't get out of order or leave something out.
The Regulating Rack's rail has LEDs that illuminate both templates and action. The Hammer Hanging Jig has its own LEDa, too. And Lighting Rails come in four sizes to shine light wherever you need it.