PIANO TECHNICIANS, WELCOME!
With the Grandwork System for grand regulating, what you set on the bench is what you get in the piano!
Or consider the week-long Regulation Bootcamp to improve skills, try out tools, and commit the Grandwork System to muscle-memory.
Our latest offering is a week-long Voicing Bootcamp. This can be taken as a sequel to the Regulating Bootcamp or independently. Joining me will be Jude Reveley RPT on dampers and Boaz Kirschenbaum RPT on voicing techniques. Both Bootcamps provide unique learn-by-doing, hands-on training that together cover the whole process from bedding to final voicing!
The following Bootcamps are on the calendar: Regulation - January 14-18 (sold out), April 1-5 (one slot available), June 3-7 (both slots available), and September 9-13 (both slots available). Voicing - April 8-12 (both slots available), June 10-14 (both slots available, and September 16-20 (both slots available).
Let me help you become the "go-to" (and most profitable) technician in your area for grand regulating!!
Chris Brown RPT, Grandwork Tools
*FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA*Compare Regulation Stations
"fantastic reduction of onsite time!" Mario igrec
Regulating, at the best of times, is difficult to do in a piano. I have found that it is both healthier, faster, and more accurate to use this excellent tool, than to work in the traditional manner. In my workshop, several technicians may work on the same piano. We can all regulate and get compatible results.
Not only that, some of the technicians are relatively new to piano technology. This means that apprentices can become highly productive immediately. As a boss, I can quickly double check all work and be completely confident that what goes out the door is excellent.
I love it.
The Station duplicates string position, keybed peculiarities and inconsistencies, and combined with protocols Chris has developed, enables the professional technician to bring the action to the shop and recreate the conditions in the piano without having the piano in the shop. This saves many hours of reworking regulation settings and adjustments when the action is returned into the piano for final adjustment procedures.The Regulation Station is an essential tool for the discriminating technician. Extreme accuracy, control, ease of use, and state of the art design are the hallmarks of this invention.
A great purchase and addition for the regulating technician or piano technology educator. It has paid for itself many times over for the hours saved.
Six Reasons We Bought a Regulation Station:
1. Accuracy: You can rely on it to create a regulation that will be as close as you can measure.
2. Educational: Our apprentice gained an understanding more quickly in the context of a complete action regulation rather than a single model. We learned some things too!
3. Ergonomic: Out of the “cave” into the light; it’s a cure for aching muscles and vision.
4. Practical: Set up the RS at the piano, pickup actions, recondition and/or rebuild in shop, regulate in shop, return to piano.
5. Rebuilding: Having the measurements from the piano, you can install new parts without having the piano present with confidence that they will work in the piano.
6. Troubleshooting: The ability to view the action from almost any angle with an accurate string target enables sophisticated troubleshooting. Now you can feel and see the problem.